Monday 5 September 2011

Day 41 - First 5/10k race?

The Sydney Running Festival is coming up and there a 2 races which I am tossing up between entering in with my dad - A 4km Family Run or a 9km Bridge Run, which goes over the harbour bridge and by the Opera House (they are closing the areas/roads off for the few hours of races).
I feel like the 4km one is too short BUT I don't think I will be ready for the 9km one as the festival is in a couple of weeks. I guess I can run/walk it though...and it goes over the Sydney Harbour Bridge which appeals to me more too,  I think the 4k just goes by it.


Anywho, I went for a run with my dad tonight. He runs frequently so he set quite a fast pace which I didn't think I would be able to maintain for the whole half hour, but I did! I kept up and it was really good at making me push myself.
I also did some strength training a couple of hours before the run so my limbs were a bit jellyish.

2 comments:

  1. Great job on the run with your dad!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That single run I did with him was the push I needed to set a faster pace for future runs. On day 42's run by myself I was running soooo much faster!

    Do you run shannon?

    ReplyDelete