Thursday 8 September 2011

Day 44 - Scheduling exercise

I'm writing this at the beginning of Day 44 as a plan of the exercise and food I am going to eat today, to keep myself in line. But in particular, to make myself do the exercise.

I have written today's meals in my Food Diary

and my exercise plan is - Strength training (I don't set a time limit for this I just do 3 sets of 12-20 reps of various exercises)
& A LOOOOONG run! A 5k run. In fact I think the route I'm aiming for is actually almost 6km.

I'll update this at the end of the day with how I went.

UPDATE


I did the strength training successfully. But my run was terrible!!!!
I was exhausted. Probably from sitting on my arse all day, whereas usually I'm walking round uni and my muscles and lungs have stretched and warmed over the day, whereas sitting on the lounge watching TV for several hours doesn't have that same effect.
So the devil was sitting on my shoulder throughout the whole run letting me know how hard I was finding the run and telling me to just stop.. But the quiet (very quiet) other voice said just keep going to that next street, just to that next turn. And I made it through my whole longer route so about 25/30minutes. Didn't end up doing the 5km but I was still happy.  Man I was buggered when I stopped for a cool down. But I'm so proud that I kept going. I really didn't want to fall back to my early days of having walking breaks, I want to stay past that stage now.

2 comments:

  1. Loving your food diary! How do you find the protien drink? Does it give you extra kick, feed your mucsles or do you just have it to balance the fat/prot/carb ratio?
    How did planning the exercise go?

    Sharron - Losing 100

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might give me an extra kick, I haven't really made that connection yet, I don't think I've been in this game for long enough yet to realise how different foods affect my exercise etc.
    I drink it because I know it's meant to be good for my muscles and their recovery and I know I need a certain amount of protein in my diet and I find it hard making up the required amount so the drink helps with that too. Also it is just a really delicious filling snack!

    ReplyDelete