Tuesday 6 September 2011

Day 42 - Photos. Can you say disappointment? & Week 6

Took some update photos. No change. I was flicking back and forth between the before and afters and I couldn't see any difference except there was a bit more muscle in my biceps. That's all.
In the photos without the flash where I looked more tanned I looked skinnier but only because my skin looked darker.

I really thought I would see something. So so disappointed. Sigh.

Went for a short run tonight. That's all....

3 comments:

  1. Statistics say that people usualy quit thier new healthy lifestyles in week 5.
    DONT DO IT!!!
    Someone else said once that the first half of weight loss usualy happens where you can't really see it. Once you hit half way, the visual weight falls off. I wish i knew that a few years ago.
    I lost 30 kilos [about 66lbs] a few years ago, and no-one noticed except around my face. I was so devistated, i just got that 'Whats the point!' attitude and gained it all back.
    Keep up the good work. Even though you can't see it, it's working!

    Sharron - Losing 100

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I've been there, so I understand your frustration, but just keep doing what you're doing!! You are making a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you might be right Sharron. I mean I haven't been taking measurements of my arms or thighs or anything, if I had, I might have noticed that I had lost weight off them and I just couldn't see that detail in the photos.

    Also wen I look at my exercise tally I have made, I see I have only been exercising for 32/43 days. And not all of those 32 were even running so I'm doing pretty well to be as fit as I am now. And maybe when the number reaches 100 and I can officially call myself someone who exercises and runs regularly I'll look at new photos and see a difference. It's no rush .

    Thanks guys :-)

    ReplyDelete